About Central New Mexico Group
Welcome to the Central New Mexico Group of the Rio Grande Chapter of the Sierra Club. We have about 3300 members. While many of the members live in the Albuquerque area, the area for the Central Group includes the counties of Bernalillo, Cibola, Curry, Debaca, Guadalupe, McKinley, Quay, Roosevelt, Sandoval, Torrance, and Valencia.
Current priority conservation efforts of the Group include:
- Clean energy solutions – emphasis on energy efficiency and accelerating adoption of renewable energy. Much of our focus includes our efforts through our Cool Cities program that has been working with the City of Albuquerque on green building codes and the Climate Action Plan.
- Conservation of our natural resources – including participation in coalitions or other multi-entity efforts to preserve the Valles Caldera, the Rio Puerco and the San Juan Basin Badlands.
- Eric Garcetti Elected to Continue the Clean Energy Legacy in Los Angeles
- Big New Investments in Wind Energy Across the Country and Around the World
- Our Land, Our Water, Our Future: The Australia Beyond Coal & Gas Conference
- Fighting Coal Down Under
- How Electric Vehicles That Feed the Grid Will Pay Off
Join Our On-Line Community
Subscribe to the Rio Grande Chapter e-mail list. Get the most up to date information.
Use this link and help the Rio Grande Chapter earn 6% for our programs
Interactive Map - Coal Plants
Rio Grande Sierran
Click Here to download and read the most recent edition of our newsletter - The Rio Grande Sierran
Do We Have Your Email Address?
Make sure we have your email address. Please send it, along with your name, address and member number to: email@example.com